Content tagged local government
Ordered by publication date from most to less recent.
(These results include any available translations of the original English documents.)
- Recognising Libraries as SDG Implementation Partners in 2021, Part 2: At the Heart of Local Delivery
2021 has not just ben a record year for libraries in Voluntary National Reviews – it has also seen the highest share yet of Voluntary Local Reviews (VLRs) recognise the contribution of...
News - 20 July 2021
- U20 Communiqué establishes priorities closely aligned to library strengths
Earlier this month, the communiqué of the Urban-20 summit – a meeting of mayors of leading cities around the world, in the context of the Italian G20 Presidency – was released...
News - 29 June 2021
- Better Decisions from Town Halls to Households: IFLA Participates in UCLG Retreat
The importance of both information skills and cultural public spaces was clear at a recent meeting of local government leaders and thinkers. IFLA was there to underline how libraries can...
News - 4 March 2020
- Libraries’ Role as Core Cultural Services Highlighted in UN Text
The Declared Actions from the 10th meeting of the World Urban Forum, focusing on the role of culture and innovation in creating cities of opportunity, have underlined the contribution libraries...
News - 17 February 2020
- Local Action, Global Impact: Lessons from the 10th World Urban Forum
From 8-13 Feburary, IFLA participated in the 10th World Urban Forum, a UN-led conference bringing together mayors, professionals, civil society and international agencies in order to...
News - 13 February 2020
- The New Urban Agenda – Advocacy Opportunities for Libraries
IFLA’s new briefing provides an overview of the New Urban Agenda, and highlights where libraries and library associations may be able to draw on it in their advocacy. The New...
Publication - 7 February 2020
- World Urban Forum
The 10th edition of the World Urban Forum looks at the linkages between culture, innovation and development at the local level. Bringing together mayors, senior officials and experts...
Event - 6 December 2019
- IFLA President Underlines Role of Libraries in Successful Local Development
For many libraries, good relationships with local town halls and councils are essential. But as IFLA President Christine Mackenzie set out in interventions at the World Congress of Local and...
News - 5 December 2019
- 3rd Agenda 21 for Culture Summit
After events in Bilbao, Spain in 2015 and Jeju, Korea in 2017, the 3rd Summit of the Agenda 21 for Culture programme takes place in Buenos Aires, Argentina, on 3-5 April. Building on the...
Event - 4 April 2019