Content tagged Government information
Ordered by publication date from most to less recent.
(These results include any available translations of the original English documents.)
- IFLA GIOP Section + IFLA Strategy: demonstrating the importance of government information professionals
News - 7 July 2021
- Libraries and Open Data in 2021: Access, Skills, Engagement
6 March 2021 marks the annual Open Data Day. This international celebration brings together a wide range of stakeholders – from librarians and public servants to developers and statisticians...
News - 6 March 2021
- IFLA Input to Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights: Fostering Access to Information Held by Public Entities
Access to information lies at the heart of libraries' mission and work, and libraries have a long history of archiving, collecting or helping make accessible publications and data from local...
Publication - 6 March 2021
- Report on the 2019 Satellite Meeting on Advocacy; Rome 30-31 August
Following our satellite meetings on advocacy organised for Berlin in 2017 and Kuala Lumpur in 2018, Government Libraries Section held a final satellite meeting on this theme in Rome in August 2019...
News - 4 November 2020
- Libraries Supporting Digital Governance: Insights from the 2020 UN E-Government Survey
E-government – the use of ICT to deliver public services and conduct government operations – aims not only to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the public sector, but also to...
News - 24 July 2020
- Libraries Supporting Open Government: Areas for Engagement and Lessons Learned
Open Government is an umbrella term that covers principles and practices of re-defining the relationship between government and wider society towards more openness, transparency and participation...
Publication - 4 June 2020
- WLIC 2020 Call for Papers - Government Libraries Section
Linking with the overall Congress theme of “Inspire, Engage, Enable, Connect”, the session aims to consider how the concept of evidence based policy relates in practice to government...
News - 3 February 2020
- December 2019 Mid-Term Conference now open for registration
The Government Libraries Mid-Term Conference in London is now open for registrations. See the Events webpage for further details.
News - 3 November 2019
- IFLA Government Libraries Section Mid-Term Conference
In 2019 in the context of its work on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), the United Nations is focussing in particular on SDG 16: Peace, justice and strong institutions. This goal is core...
Event - 1 November 2019
- Libraries and Good Governance
There is increasing awareness that sustainable development requires effective government. Libraries have a major role to play in delivering this, as part of their broader mission to provide access...
Publication - 11 May 2018
- GIOPS Call for Papers - Global eGovernment: Trust, Transparency, and Transformation
The Government Information and Official Publications Section (GIOPS) invites interested individuals to submit proposals for the open session at the IFLA WLIC in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from 24-30...
News - 24 January 2018
- IFLA responds to the OECD open government consultation
IFLA established its response to the OECD consultation calling for answers from its members and submitting a document reflecting all the different comments received. The...
News - 12 September 2017
- Libraries’ Role in Connecting the Next 1.5 Billion Recognised
Governments, international organisations, civil society representatives, development banks and industry have underlined their support for public access to the internet in libraries as a means of...
News - 25 April 2016
Tags: Access to information, Access to knowledge, Democracy, Development, Digital divide, Digital resources, Disadvantaged persons, Education, Education and training, Freedom of information, Freedom to read, Government information, Internet access, LDP (Library Development Programme)
- IFLA Columbus, Ohio 2016: Call for Papers
Call for Papers Bringing the Law to the Library: connections, collaboration, and community in support of access to justice and the rule of law, call for papers, here...
News - 7 December 2015
- Access to Government Information in the Post 2015 United Nations Development Agenda
Access to Government Information in the Post 2015 United Nations Development Agenda: A Statement from the Government Information and Official Publications Section (GIOPS), International...
Publication - 27 June 2015
- Brief supporting the Lyon Declaration
After the 2014 IFLA World Library Conference, GIOPS wrote a stament of support for the Lyon Declration accompanied by 3 recommendations ensuring equitable access of information, including...
Publication - 25 June 2015
- Preservation and Access Challenges (PACS) for Government and Parliamentary Information—A Knowledge Café at IFLA WLIC 2015
19 August 2015, 09:30-12:45, Ballroom East Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC) In the spirit of the Lyon Declaration—preserving and ensuring ongoing access to...
News - 7 May 2015
Tags: Access to information, Advocacy, Cultural heritage, Digital preservation, Disaster management, Electronic collections, Government information, International cooperation, Knowledge management, Preservation
- WLIC 2014: Session "Government Libraries as Knowledge Platforms"
Come and join us in the morning of 21 August in the session entitled "Government Libraries as Knowledge Platforms for Citizen Engagement". Sponsored by IFLA Sections Government...
News - 19 August 2014
- Government Libraries Section: Last Issue of Newsletter Available
The Government Libraries Section has published the last issue of its newsletter "The Information Point", including conference reports and details of our participation in the...
News - 18 August 2014
- Libraries, Development and Government Information
The Government Information and Official Publications Section affirms and offers its strongest support to the IFLA initiative for libraries to suppport development, and joins IFLA in advocating...
News - 17 July 2014
- International Conference on the Convergence of Libraries, Archives & Museums (ICLAM) Nov. 27-29 2014, New Delhi
The National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) in collaboration with the Government Information and Official Publications section of the International Federation of Library Associations...
News - 1 May 2014
Tags: Conferences, Cultural heritage, Digital resources, Government information, India, Library and information profession, Lifelong learning, Networking, Professional development, Government Information and Official Publications
- WLIC 2014: Call for Papers: Libraries, Governments and Cultural Heritage
The Government Information and Official Publications Section invites proposals for papers to be presented at the World Library and Information Congress (WLIC) in Lyon, France , August 16-22, 2014...
News - 19 December 2013
Tags: Cultural heritage, Development, Digital preservation, France, Government information, Information professionals, Library as place, Library history, Government Information and Official Publications
- Guidelines for Government Libraries translated into Arabic
As we did with other languages, our Guidelines for Libraries of Government Departments have been translated into Arabic. This time, Miss Maria El Kady was in charge of the translation,...
News - 6 January 2013
- WLIC 2013 Call for Papers: Information for Development Action: Governments, Civil Society and Libraries
The Government Information and Official Publications Section and Government Libraries Section invite proposals for papers to be presented at the World Library and Information Congress (WLIC) in...
News - 31 December 2012
Tags: civil society, digital collections, economic development, Government information, international organizations, national governments, NGOs, poverty, Government Information and Official Publications
- Successful events in Helsinki! Lyon will receive WLIC 2014!
The activities of the Governmen Libraries Section have been successful. Sessions sponsored and cosponsored by us have had a big number of attendees, and there has been participation between them...
News - 20 August 2012
- Government Libraries Section at IFLA 2011 San Juan (Puerto Rico)
The Government Libraries Section is going to participate actively in the next World Library and Information Congress (13-18 August 2011, San Juan, Puerto Rico). These are the...
News - 10 August 2011
- Spanish translation of the "Guidelines for libraries of government departments", almost ready
The Spanish translation of the "Guidelines for libraries of government departments" is almost ready. Its title will be "Directrices para bibliotecas gubernamentales...
News - 10 August 2011
- New publication: "2011 Best Practices for Government Libraries"
2011 Best Practices for Government Libraries. e-Initiatives and e-Efforts: Expanding our Horizons has been launched. This year edition includes around 70 articles and communications by more than...
News - 6 July 2011
- Sessions in Puerto Rico
The Government Libraries Section is going to participate actively in the next World Library and Information Congress (13-18 August 2011, San Juan, Puerto Rico). These are its activities, open...
News - 5 March 2011
- Call for papers: eGovernment, the Role of Librarians
DEADLINE EXTENDED UNTIL FEBRUARY 4, 2011. World Library and Information Congress 77th IFLA General Conference and Assembly "Libraries beyond...
News - 20 January 2011
- Complete WLIC 2010 Gothenburg programmes available
The two programmes sponsored by the Government Libraries Section are already complete and available. You can consult them here: Creating an International Legal Information Policy...
News - 20 July 2010
- Gothenburg program
The Government Libraries Section will be sponsoring two programs for the 2010 Gothenburg IFLA conference. See complete information at http://www.ifla.org/node/1932.
News - 21 May 2010
- Gothenburg program
The Government Libraries Section will be sponsoring two programs for the 2010 Gothenburg IFLA conference. Our first program will be: Creating an International Legal Information Policy...
Informational Page - 1 December 2009
Tags: Argentinian Commision, Chilean Commission, Conservation, Government information, Human rights, Information policies, International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda, Knowledge management, Preservation, South Africa Truth Commission, U.S. 9/11 Commission, Yugoslavia, Government Libraries
- Newsletters "The Information Point"
Note: the IFLA Government Libraries Section now has a blog. 2014: August 2013: July 2012: July 2011: July 2010: January | July...
Publication - 22 April 2009