About the Law Libraries Section
Joining IFLA Law Libraries Section
Thank you for interest in joining IFLA Law Libraries Section.
If you are passionate about access to legal resources, sharing of information and networking with specialists in the field, you belong here!
IFLA is the global voice of libraries, information centres and information professionals worldwide. It is the main platform for formulating goals, exerting influence as a group and finding solutions to global problems. IFLA offers you an international network to exchange ideas and to promote international cooperation, research, and development in all fields.
There are different categories of IFLA memberships. You can join as part of your Association, your Institution or as an individual. As an individual affiliate, you are entitled to register free of charge for one Section. To join us, select the Law Libraries Section when you complete your registration form.
Why Join IFLA? Some of the benefits of IFLA and specifically the Law Libraries Section include:
· Extend and sustain your professional network at an international level
· The opportunity to help develop standards and guidelines.
· Take part in meetings, seminars, and workshops, discuss important issues with your colleagues from all over the world and exchange information on the topics that are relevant on your day to day work.
Highlights of what we have been doing in the Law Libraries Section:
· Input into A Necessary Precondition: Libraries, Information and Access to Justice, an article making the case that “Access to justice is a key pillar of the rule of law, recognised in the Sustainable Development Goals under SDG16”, as part of the Libraries, Development and the UN 2030 Agenda.
· Workshop for Law Librarians in Africa December 2016 Kampala, Uganda
· Atelier pour les professionnels de la documentation juridique d’Afrique francophone 29 – 30 May 2017 (Abidjan, Côte-d’Ivoire)
· Atelier pour les professionnels de la documentation juridique d’Afrique francophone 3 – 4 December 2018 (Dakar, Sénégal)
· Open Access to Legal Knowledge December 2019 Delhi, India
So if you work in any type of Law Library, from corporate, government, or academic, or interested in access to legal resources and justice, join us!
LAW-L: IFLA Law Libraries Section Mailing list is an electronic forum intented to foster communication between members of the IFLA Law Libraries Section, the international legal information community and IFLA. The goal in establishing this list is to facilitate information exchange as well as professionnal communication and development within the IFLA community.
Last update: 8 October 2020