Content tagged Capacity building
Ordered by publication date from most to less recent.
(These results include any available translations of the original English documents.)
- Save the Date – Global Media & Information Literacy Week 2020
IFLA is excited to partner with UNESCO on Global Media & Information Literacy Week 2020! This year, Global Media & Information Literacy Week will be celebrated through interactive...
News - 27 August 2020
- IFLA’s Preservation and Conservation (PAC) Centres Facilitate Training, Collaboration, and Awareness-Raising Despite the Global Pandemic
Over the past month, the ongoing challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic continued to affect the global library world. However, IFLA’s PAC Centres continue their mission: putting a...
News - 8 July 2020
- IFLA Responds to UN Consultation on Cultural Rights and Climate Change
The UN Special Rapporteur in the field of cultural rights invited stakeholders, including IFLA, to provide input for a report on the threat of climate change to culture, heritage and cultural...
News - 6 May 2020
Tags: Access to information, Capacity building, Change management, Conservation, Copyright, Cultural heritage, Digital divide, Digitisation, Human rights, Peace, Policy, Preservation, Risk assessment, Risk Register, Preservation and Conservation
- Supporting Documentary Heritage Preservation in the Arab Region
UNESCO, in partnership with the Qatar National Library (QNL) organised a regional conference on “Supporting documentary heritage preservation in the Arab region”, held in Doha, Qatar...
News - 4 December 2019
- Book Bugs - Embracing Technology and Games to Transform Reading Programes
In today’s digital age, there is a plethora of entertainment options available to capture a child’s attention. Many children and youth are hooked on social media and technology, hence...
Informational Page - 4 August 2019
- Internet Governance Guide for Libraries
Internet governance is a complex field that covers the rules, norms and standards that determine how the internet – from the physical connections to the programmes and information...
Publication - 18 December 2018
Tags: Access to information, Capacity building, Education, Information policies, Information professionals, Internet governance, Publications, FAIFE (Committee on Freedom of Access to Information and Freedom of Expression)
- IAP Project Report: Hungary (2018) "Let’s work together on library advocacy!"
IFLA supported an International Advocacy Programme project for librarians from the Czech Republic, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Ukraine and Hungary in 2018. After...
News - 29 October 2018
Tags: Advocacy, Capacity building, Czechia, Hungary, IAP, International Advocacy Programme, Libraries for development, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Ukraine, UN 2030 Agenda, UN SGDs, LDP (Library Development Programme)
- Call for Nominations for Section Standing Committees 2019-2023 is online
The Standing Committee on Libraries for Children and Young Adults has 5 places to fill in the term 2019-2023. You find all information about the procedure here https://www.ifla.org/node/81922...
News - 8 October 2018
Tags: Advocacy, Capacity building, Communications, Cooperation, Development, International cooperation, Management, Networking, Nominations, Professional development, Young adults, Libraries for Children and Young Adults
- IAP Project Report: Portuguese speaking Africa (2018) "Awareness Creation, Advocacy and relevant Data Collection Strategies for UN 2030 Agenda"
IFLA's training materials on Libraries and Agenda 2030 and SDG's, used in a workshop connecting librarians from Portuguese speaking countries in Africa What were your goals? ...
News - 19 September 2018
- BSLA Project Report: Senegal (2018) "Building capacity for a stronger Senegalese library field"
Senegalese librarians build capacity and a stronger professional association with Building Strong Library Associations (BSLA) funded project. What were your goals...
News - 13 September 2018
- BSLA Project Report: Nepal (2017) "Capacity Building Activities to strengthen the library sector in Nepal"
The Nepal Library Association (NLA) worked in developing its organizational capacity and knowledge and skill of its members (librarians) and district library association with the support...
News - 13 July 2018
- IAP Project Report: Uganda (2018) "Sharing stories that matter to Policy and Decision Makers"
ULIA-BLA IFLA Train the Trainers Workshop for top officials of National Library Associations in Sub-Saharan Africa IFLA supported an International Advocacy Programme project in...
News - 2 July 2018
- IFLA International Advocacy Programme (IAP) Global Convening
IFLA will hold a Global Convening of its International Advocacy Programme (IAP) in New York on 28-29 June 2018. After six regional workshops and nearly two years of hard work in...
Event - 13 June 2018
- Libraries and the UN 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development: How can Russian libraries further development?
The Library for Foreign Literature in Moscow (LIBFL) hosted a workshop on 19-20 April 2018: "Libraries and the UN 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development: How can Russian...
News - 9 May 2018
- BSLA Project Report: Sri Lanka (2015-2018) "Establishment and Promotion of Professional Ethics Culture among Library and Information Professionals"
After completion of the BSLA project we had some questions for the project team and this is what they told us! Get inspired by the path taken by the Sri Lanka Library Association (SLLA...
News - 27 March 2018
- IAP Project Report: West Africa (2017) "Awareness Creation, Advocacy and Relevant Data Collection Strategies for the UN 2030 Agenda for Librarians"
IFLA supported an International Advocacy Programme project in West Africa in 2017. After completion of this regional project we asked the project team some questions and this is what...
News - 27 March 2018
- IAP Project Report: East Africa (2017) "Awareness workshops on libraries and the UN SDGs for policy makers and librarians"
IFLA supported an International Advocacy Programme project in East Africa in 2017. After completion of this regional project we asked the project team some questions and this is what they...
News - 13 February 2018
- BSLA Project Report: Colombia (2017) "Strengthening Colombian Librarians"
IFLA has supported a new Building Strong Library Associations (BSLA) project in Colombia in 2017. After the project finished, we interviewed the Project Team and asked them a few key...
News - 31 January 2018
- LGBTQ Users Special Interest Group
The goal of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer/questioning (LGBTQ+) special interest group is to adress the information needs of LGBTQ+ community members related to library services,...
IFLA Group or Activity - 13 January 2014
Tags: Access to information, Access to knowledge, Advocacy, Capacity building, Censorship, Classification and indexing, Collection development, Communities of practice, Data management, Digital inclusion, Education and training, Freedom of expression, Guidelines, Human rights, Indexing, LGBTQ library services, Library as place, Library collections, Library marketing, Library outreach, Library services, Library theory and research, Lifelong learning, Marginalised populations, Minority groups, Multicultural populations, New professionals, Privacy in libraries, Professional development, Reading, Social inclusion, Staffing, Subject analysis, Women’s issues, Young adults, Special Interest Groups, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer/Questioning Users (LGBTQ)
- IFLA International Leaders Programme 2012-2014 Cohort
WLIC seminar chair Nancy Gwinn Smithsonian Institution, United States Dr. Nancy E. Gwinn has been at the Smithsonian Institution since 1984 and became Director of the...
Informational Page - 19 November 2013
- IFLA Senior Policy Advisor reports from the Internet Governance Forum, Sharm-El-Sheikh, Egypt
IFLA's Senior Policy Advisor will be attending the 4th Internet Governance Forum taking place November 15-18 in Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt. The theme of this year's Forum is 'Internet Governance...
News - 13 November 2009