Content tagged Africa
Ordered by publication date from most to less recent.
(These results include any available translations of the original English documents.)
- IFLA Africa Section + IFLA Strategy: discussing Fake News, the Infodemic, Digital Fatigue and Meta literacy
Closely aligned to the IFLA Key Initiative 1.4 “Shape public opinion and debate around open access and library values, including intellectual...
News - 29 July 2021
- IFLA AFRICA SECTION WEBINAR, "Fake News Disruptions On Media: Library Convergence: Critical Reflections "
Join the webinar on 30 July 2021, 13.00 - 1500 CEST/SAST Check your timezone and save the date! Speakers Title: Fake News Disruptions...
Event - 9 July 2021
Tags: Access to information, Africa, convergence, fake news, Information Literacy; sustainable development goals, Information Literacy; sustainable development goals; media literacy; UNESCO, Media and Information Literacy (MIL), Webinar, Africa
- IFLA Africa SC Panel Discussion: Digital fatigue, InfoDemic and meta literacy
The IFLA Africa Section Standing Committee is proud to host a panel discussion on the subject of "Digital fatigue, InfoDemic and meta literacy." Join the webinar on 14 May 2021,...
Event - 6 May 2021
- Informed, engaged, enabled: report of the IFLA side-event at the African Regional Forum on Sustainable Development
With access to information recognised as a key component of development in the UN 2030 Agenda, libraries have a powerful potential to contribute to success. A side event at the 7th African...
News - 2 March 2021
- Building Back Better with Africa’s Libraries
Even before COVID-19, the UN’s 2030 Agenda represented an ambitious set of priorities for the world. With the pandemic still ongoing, the need to accelerate efforts to deliver...
Event - 16 February 2021
- Africa Youth SDG Summit
The third African Youth SDGs Summit takes place with the combined challenge of accelerating progress towards the SDGs, and responding to the COVID-19 pandemic. Bringing together new...
Event - 3 November 2020
- Celebrating Africa Day 2020
IFLA is celebrating Africa Day 2020, highlighting the contribution that Africa's libraries make to the continent's development, as well as highlighting the ideas, resources and...
News - 25 May 2020
- Call for Papers: Africa Section at IFLA WLIC 2020
THEME: Working together: building strong information structures for sustainable society The IFLA Africa Section invites Librarians, Information Scientists and other interested...
News - 15 January 2020
- Africa Section, Mid-term workshop
Africa Section, Mid-term workshop on the "4th Industrial Revolution: Using advanced Analytics. AI (Artificial Intelligence)" with Nasi Ransuma, CEO, UKS , South Africa on 11...
Event - 14 January 2020
- Africa Section Mid-Term Meeting 2020
The Africa Section will hold its Mid-term metting in Tunis, Tunisia from 12-13 February 2020.
Event - 2 December 2019
- Africa Section Midterm Meeting 2019
12 February 2019: Capacity building Workshops 1. Creative commons licenses in libraries The session is about 2 hours long and will be delivered by Ms. Hala Essalmawi,...
Event - 18 January 2019
- CALL FOR PAPERS: OPEN FORUM AFRICA SECTION, 24-30 August 2019 in Athens, Greece
THEME: “Libraries at the center of community transformation” The IFLA Africa Section invites Librarians, Information Scientists and other interested professionals to...
News - 14 January 2019
- BSLA Project Report: Senegal (2018) "Building capacity for a stronger Senegalese library field"
Senegalese librarians build capacity and a stronger professional association with Building Strong Library Associations (BSLA) funded project. What were your goals...
News - 13 September 2018
- Africa Can Lead: IFLA Addresses African Ministers
The 2nd meeting of African ministers responsible for libraries took place on 5-6 July in Durban, South Africa. IFLA President Glòria Pérez-Salmerón and Secretary...
News - 8 July 2018
- Libraries on the Development Agenda in Africa
As primarily public institutions, libraries depend strongly on support from their governments, both in terms of laws and funding. Ensuring that those in power recognise and build on the potential...
Event - 4 July 2018
- African Regional Forum for Sustainable Development
The fourth African Regional Forum on Sustainable Development is the last of a set of five regional meetings which have taken place in preparation for the UN High Level Political Forum. It provides...
Event - 1 May 2018
- Minutes of Meetings
2016 Gaborone Botswana 2015 Nakuru Kenya 2014 Lyon,France 2014 Kumasi, Ghana 2013 Singapore 2012 Bulawayo Zimbabwe
Publication - 23 April 2018
- Africa Section Satellite Meeting – IFLA WLIC 2018
Libraries as Centers of Community Engagements for Development The IFLA Africa Section will be holding a satellite meeting at the IFLA 84th World Library and Information...
Event - 20 February 2018
- RALSA Seminar
The Rwanda Archive and Library Services Authority (RALSA) is responsible for preserving and sharing the country’s documented cultural heritage. The institution gives access to those who seek...
Event - 13 February 2018
- IFLA Africa Section Satellite Meeting in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 2018 - Call for Papers
Libraries as Centers of Community Engagements for Development The IFLA Africa Section is seeking proposals for a satellite meeting to be held at the IFLA 84th World Library...
News - 1 February 2018
- Africa Section Midterm meeting and SCECSAL XXIII conference
The Uganda Library and Information Association (ULIA) is hosting the IFLA AFRICA Section Midterm Meeting and the Twenty-third Standing Conference of Eastern, Central and Southern Africa...
Event - 30 January 2018
- IFLA Regional Office for Africa hosts the UNISA Annual Public Lecture Series
The Executive Director of the UNISA Library Services cordially invites you to the 10th UNISA/IFLA Regional Office for Africa Annual Public Lecture on African Librarianship in the 21st Century...
Event - 13 April 2017
- Africa Section 2017 Mid Term Meeting & 2nd AfLIA Conference & 4th Africa Library Summit
The mid-term meeting is one of several pre-conference events taking place before the 2nd AfLIA Conference and 4th African Library Summit to be held from 16th – 20th May 2017. ...
Event - 21 February 2017
- 22nd Standing Conference of Eastern, Central and Southern African Libraries Association (SCECSAL 2016)
The 22nd Standing Conference of Eastern, Central and Southern African Libraries Association (SCECSAL XXII) will be held on 25-29 April in Ezulwini, Swaziland. It is organised by SWALA (...
Event - 29 April 2016
- 2016 IFLA Africa Section Satellite Meeting
The IFLA Africa Section invites Librarians, Information Scientists and other stakeholders to the Africa Section Satellite Conference in Ohio, USA. The papers at the meeting will address...
Event - 1 March 2016
- Call for Papers by Access to Information Network-Africa (ATINA) for IFLA WLIC, 13-19 August
Access to Information Network – Africa (ATINA) invites proposals for papers to be presented at its Open Session during the IFLA World Library and Information Congress/ 82th Annual Conference...
News - 29 January 2016
- IFLA Africa Section Mid-Term Meeting and Botswana Library Association workshop for school librarians in Gaborone
IFLA AFRICA SECTION MIDTERM MEETING AGENDA, 11th-12th FEBRUARY 2016 – GABORONE, BOTSWANA Objectives of school library workshop · ...
Event - 6 November 2015
- IFLA Africa Section Mid-Term Meeting
The IFLA Africa Section's mid-term meeting will be held at the Kenya National Library in Nakuru, Kenya. Our host will be Prof. Constantine Nyamboga.
Event - 28 January 2015
- IFLA Africa Focus at WLIC 2014
Session 47: CAUCUS Meeting for Africa, Asia, Oceania and Latin America, and the Caribbean to take place on, 16th August 2014 17:30-18:30 Room/Salle Bellecour 1....
News - 15 August 2014
- Discussion about IFLA Trends
Dear Colleagues, As I promised last week, the IFLA Regional Office for Africa will lead discussion on the IFLA Trend report on this list serv. We have copied this email to a number...
News - 3 June 2014
- IFLA Africa Section Mid-Term Meeting
The IFLA Africa Section's mid-term meeting will be held in the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) Library in Kumasi Ghana.
Event - 24 January 2014
- UNISA/IFLA Regional office for Africa Public Lecture Series: “African Librarianship in the 21st Century”
The Executive Director of the UNISA Library Services, Dr Buhle Mbambo-Thata, cordially invites you to the 6th Annual UNISA/IFLA Regional Office for Africa Public Lecture on African Librarianship...
Event - 12 March 2013
- Call for papers - Future Libraries: Innovation and Creativity
2013 IFLA World Library and Information Congress IFLA Africa Section invites Librarians, Information Scientists and other Stakeholders to submit proposals (abstracts) for the papers at the...
News - 21 December 2012
- African Library Summit 2013
The aim of the African Library Summit 2013, the second event of its kind hosted by the Unisa Library, the IFLA (International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions) Regional...
Event - 5 September 2012
- African Public Libraries Summit 2012
Development in the 21st century demands access to information Across Africa, libraries are transforming themselves to serve as platforms for development. To further this, on 19 September,...
Event - 4 September 2012
- Satellite Meeting Call for papers — Libraries: the Amazing Gateway to Knowledge and Power!
The IFLA Africa Section is sponsoring a Satellite meeting to be held in The Auditorium, Pasila Library, Helsinki City Main Library in Helsinki, Finland from 9-10 August, 2012. Theme...
News - 24 May 2012
- Survey on how information professionals use social media in Eastern, Central and Southern Africa
The FAO Regional Office for Africa is inviting library and information professionals in the SCESCAL Region (Standing Conference of Eastern, Central and Southern Africa Library and Information...
News - 26 March 2012
- SCECSAL XX Conference
The XXth Standing Conference of Eastern, Central and South Africa Library and Information Associations (SCECSAL) 2012 conference. CONFERENCE THEME Information for Sustainable Development...
Event - 3 February 2012
- Call for papers: Africa Libraries now on open access agenda
The IFLA annual congress will take place in Helsinki, Finland from 11th -17th August, 2012. The Congress offers an opportunity to present library research outcomes and innovations in a multi-...
News - 16 December 2011
- AFRICA ULULATES
Dr. Helena Asamoah-Hassan, immediate past IFLA GB Member from University Librarian, Kwame Nkrumah Univ. of Sci. & Tech., Kumasi, Ghana obtained her Ph.D on Saturday, 03 December 2011...
News - 10 December 2011
- Africa Section Midterm Meeting 2012
1. Midterm meeting at the Bulawayo Holiday Inn, Bulawayo, Zimbabwe Meeting 6-7 February Workshop 8 February (morning...
News - 10 December 2011
- Second International Conference on African Digital Libraries & Archives (ICADLA-2)
ICADLA-2 is a two part event - a three day workshop, Digital Futures: From Digitization to Delivery, (14-16 November 2011) and a two day conference, Developing National and Institutional...
News - 24 August 2011
- Africa Section pre-conference satellite meeting
The Main Library of The University of the West Indies, Cave Hill, Barbados, in association with IFLA Africa Section, is sponsoring an IFLA satellite meeting which will be held in Barbados at the...
Event - 24 June 2011
- Recent updates to the Africa Section
The following is a collection of updates concerning membership, mid-term meetings and the Africa Section's participation in the 2011 WLIC: 2011 updates [PDF]
News - 13 May 2011
- African Library Summit 2011: The future of African Librarianship
News - 11 May 2011
- 2010 open session: Gothenburg, Sweden
Session 138 — Africa 14 August 2010 13:45 - 15:45 | Room: Hall B | SI Theme: Open access in Africa: trends and development Open access journal...
Informational Page - 16 January 2011
- Africa ululates! Buhle's Award
We would like to congratulate Division V Chair, GB Member and Executive Director, Dr. Buhle Mbambo-Thata on being elected as the 2010 Unisa Woman of the Year at a prestigious UNISA Women's Forum (...
News - 12 January 2011
- Africa Section Call for Papers
Theme: "African libraries, not just place but interface" The Congress offers an opportunity to present library research outcomes and innovations in a multi-disciplinary...
News - 12 January 2011
- Call for papers: Africa Section
World Library and Information Congress: 76th IFLA General Conference and Assembly, 10-15 August 2010, Gothenburg, Sweden Theme: Open Access in Africa: trends and developments
News - 24 December 2009
Guide to host Ifla Africa midterm meeting. Building Strong Library Associations 2013-2016 in Africa. International Advocacy Programme (IAP) IFLA: International...
Informational Page - 8 June 2009
- Africa Section Action Plan
2016-2017 2015-2016 2014-2015 2013-2014 2011-2012 2010-2011 2008-2009 2006-2007
Publication - 25 April 2009
- Africa Section Newsletter
No. 56 December 2019 No. 55 July 2019 No. 54 December 2018 No. 53 July 2018 No. 52 December 2017 No. 51 June 2017 No. 50 Decrmber 2016...
Publication - 25 April 2009
- Africa Section Annual Report
2015-2016 2014-2015 2013-2014 2012-2013 2011-2012 2010-2011 2009-2010 2008-2009 2006-2007 2005-2006...
Publication - 25 April 2009
- Conferences and Workshops
2019 World Library and Information Congress: 85th IFLA General Conference and Assembly 24–30 August 2019, Athens, Greece Theme: Libraries at the Centre of Community...
Informational Page - 25 April 2009
- About the Africa Section
Scope The main priorities and objectives of this Section are human resources development, training, capacity building, and incorporation of information technology in all programmes...
Informational Page - 31 March 2009
- Africa Section
The main priorities and objectives of this Section are human resources development, training, capacity building, and incorporation of information technology in all programmes ...
IFLA Group or Activity - 31 March 2009