Content tagged Networking
Ordered by publication date from most to less recent.
(These results include any available translations of the original English documents.)
- IFLA Engages with UNESCO and Partner NGOs at the International Conference of Non-Governmental Organisations
The NGO-UNESCO Liaison Committee, in partnership with UNESCO, is organising the International Conference of NGOs 2020, held virtually from 16-18 December on the theme, “Envisioning a better...
News - 17 December 2020
- International Online Meeting: “Familiarisation with the activities of the PAC Centres in Kazakhstan and Russia”
The National Library of the Republic of Kazakhstan (Almaty, Kazakhstan) and the M.I. Rudomino All-Russian State Library for Foreign Literature (Moscow, Russia) are both hosts of IFLA...
News - 29 June 2020
- Rapport: Consultation International sur la sauvegarde, l’accessibilité et la promotion des manuscrits anciens du Sahel
Le Bureau régional de l'UNESCO à Dakar au Sénégal, a organisé du 22 au 24 janvier 2020 une consultation internationale sur la sauvegarde, l’...
News - 10 March 2020
- IFLA Represented at the UNESCO International Consultation on the Safeguarding, Accessibility and Promotion of Ancient Manuscripts from the Sahel
The UNESCO Regional Office in Dakar, Senegal organised this international consultation, held January 22-24, 2020 in in the Malian capital, Bamako. IFLA was represented at this sub-...
News - 10 March 2020
- IFLA PAC Centres in Qatar and Russia Continue Cooperation in the Field of Preservation of Cultural Heritage
In October 2019, the IFLA PAC Center in Russia hosted a visitor from the IFLA PAC Centre in Qatar to facilitate exchange of expertise and cooperation between specialists from the two centres....
News - 21 January 2020
- Partnering for Education, Science and Culture at the UNESCO General Conference
The IFLA delegation had a successful week at the 40th Session of the UNESCO General Conference. From 18-21 November, IFLA represented the library and information profession in a series of meetings...
News - 26 November 2019
Tags: Access to information, Communications, Conferences, Cultural heritage, Development, Digital preservation, Education, France, Freedom of expression, Human rights, Networking, Policy, Preservation, Sustainability, UNESCO General Conference
- Video recording of the 16th IFLA ILDS conference: Beyond the paywall - Resource sharing in a disruptive ecosystem. Held at the National Library of Technology in Prague, Czech Republic, October 9-11, 2019.
Recorded at the National Library of Technology in Prague, Czech Republic, from Wednesday, October 9, at 10:00 CET, until Friday, October 11, 2019, at noon CET. More at https://ilds2019....
Publication - 12 November 2019
Tags: Access to knowledge, Audiovisual and multimedia resources, Benchmarking, Best practices, Big data, Conferences, Cooperation, Copyright, Copyright exceptions and limitations, Czechia, Data management, Digital divide, Document delivery, eBooks, Electronic document delivery, eLending, eLending for Libraries, Interlibrary loans, International cooperation, Networking, Open access, Research support, Document Delivery and Resource Sharing, Videos
- IFLA Joins the Discussion on Preserving and Providing Access to Digital Heritage
Representatives from IFLA participated in the 2nd Inter-regional Conference for the Memory of the World, held in the Republic of Korea on 5-8 November 2019. The aim of the...
News - 12 November 2019
- Key Issues for Libraries at the UNESCO General Conference 2019
A delegation from IFLA will attend the 40th Session of the UNESCO General Conference, held 12-27 November 2019 in Paris, France. As NGO partners of UNESCO, we are committed to growing our...
News - 11 November 2019
- December 2019 Mid-Term Conference now open for registration
The Government Libraries Mid-Term Conference in London is now open for registrations. See the Events webpage for further details.
News - 3 November 2019
- You’re Invited! Get Involved with IFLA’s Professional Units at WLIC 2019
At the heart of IFLA’s work are our Professional Units. These groups are made up of experts from around the world and across the library profession. Their work, activities and...
News - 24 August 2019
- 2017-2018 IFLA LGBT SIG Annual Report
Click here for the complete 2017-2018 IFLA LGBTQ+ SIG Annual Report.
Publication - 26 December 2018
Tags: Access to information, Access to knowledge, Accessibility, Advocacy, Communications, Communities of practice, Cooperation, Democracy, Development, Disadvantaged persons, Education, Education and training, Freedom of expression, Freedom of information, Freedom to read, Guidelines, Human rights, LGBTQ library services, Libraries for development, Library and information science education, Library as place, Library buildings and equipment, Library outreach, Library services, Marginalised populations, Minority groups, Multicultural populations, Networking, New professionals, Performance indicators, Privacy in libraries, Professional development, Risk assessment, Social inclusion, Staffing, Annual reports, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer/Questioning Users (LGBTQ)
- Call for Nominations for Section Standing Committees 2019-2023 is online
The Standing Committee on Libraries for Children and Young Adults has 5 places to fill in the term 2019-2023. You find all information about the procedure here https://www.ifla.org/node/81922...
News - 8 October 2018
Tags: Advocacy, Capacity building, Communications, Cooperation, Development, International cooperation, Management, Networking, Nominations, Professional development, Young adults, Libraries for Children and Young Adults
- BSLA project proposals 2017 update
In February 2017, IFLA invited library associations to submit proposals for Building Strong Library Associations (BSLA) projects commencing in 2017. 21 project proposals from all parts of...
News - 25 July 2017
- Convocatoria para la presentación de propuestas de BSLA
La IFLA invita a las asociaciones bibliotecarias a presentar una propuesta de proyecto relacionada con el Programa de Fortalecimiento de Asociaciones Bibliotecarias a partir de 2017. La...
Informational Page - 12 March 2017
Tags: Advocacy, ALP (Action for Development through Libraries Programme), Associations, BSLA, Building Strong Library Associations, Development, Management, Networking, Sustainability, LDP (Library Development Programme)
- 2017 Call for BSLA project proposals
IFLA invites library associations to submit a proposal for Building Strong Library Associations (BSLA) projects commencing in 2017. The invitation is now open for countries worldwide...
News - 20 February 2017
- Congo Creates Library Association Following BSLA Workshop in French-Speaking Africa
Our latest BSLA workshop brought together library leaders from French-speaking Africa, teaching them innovative skills and practices, and enabling them to take an active part in advocacy...
News - 9 August 2016
- April workshop, seminar and midterm meetings in Panama culminate in a Letter of Intent from LAC library associations
30 Library Associations met in Panama from 17-23 April 2016 to develop strategies for advocacy at the national level, to advance regional projects, and to network with associations from...
News - 20 May 2016
- MakerSpace provides library and literature discoveries and community engagement in Moree Community Library, Australia
MakerSpace gives young people access to space, materials and tools to be creative, with a splash of library awareness. Note: the term ‘MakerSpace’ in this article...
Informational Page - 16 June 2015
- Folkeverkstedet: Making a workshop for the people of Oslo, Norway
The overall aim of Oslo Public Library MakerSpace is to bring new forms of knowledge production into the library, through creating space that is available for anyone who wants to come to the...
Informational Page - 16 June 2015
Tags: 3D printing, Audiovisual and multimedia resources, Children, Communications, Cooperation, Development, Digitisation, Education, Information literacy, Library as place, MakerSpace, Networking, Young adults, Libraries for Children and Young Adults
- Opening up to the world — participatory IFLA programs for children's and young adults' libraries
Sister Libraries for Children’s and Young Adults’ reading: evaluation Carolynn Rankin (Leeds, UK) Sister Libraries...
Informational Page - 6 October 2014
- International Conference on the Convergence of Libraries, Archives & Museums (ICLAM) Nov. 27-29 2014, New Delhi
The National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) in collaboration with the Government Information and Official Publications section of the International Federation of Library Associations...
News - 1 May 2014
Tags: Conferences, Cultural heritage, Digital resources, Government information, India, Library and information profession, Lifelong learning, Networking, Professional development, Government Information and Official Publications
- IFLAcampLab 2014
registration (EN+RU) | program plus latest updates: EN / RU We are happy to invite you to IFLAcamp Library Creative Laboratory: “A Hero of Our...
Event - 14 March 2014
Tags: Access to information, Access to knowledge, Advocacy, Associations, Collection development, Communications, Communities of practice, Conference, Conferences, Cooperation, Copyright, Cultural heritage, cycling, Development, Digital divide, Digital repositories, Digital resources, Digitisation, Education and training, IFLAcampLab, Information professionals, Information technology, International cooperation, Knowledge society, Library as place, Library collections, Library history, Meetings, Members, Networking, New professionals, NPSIG, Policy, Professional development, Russian Federation, unconference, New Professionals
- Arab Parliamentary Libraries Network established
The first regional meeting of Arab parliamentary libraries was convened at the Arab Institute for Parliamentary Training and Legislative Studies in Beirut, Lebanon, Jan. 19-20, with the...
News - 8 February 2012
- Parliamentary Networks and Useful Links
Parliamentary Networks Association of Arab Parliamentary Libraries Association of Parliamentary Librarians of Asia and the Pacific Association...
Informational Page - 23 December 2011
RED_PARLAMENTA is a network of Parliamentary Information and Documentation Services in the Regional Parliaments (Parlamentos Autonómicos) in Spain. This network started its work...
News - 16 December 2011
- IFLA Government Libraries Section on Facebook
The Section has created a Facebook Group (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=107477945962385) in order to grow an online community in the social networks. Everyone is welcome. You only need...
News - 10 May 2010
- Report about IT brainstorming meeting at IFLA Headquarters
In early February an exciting working meeting took place at IFLA Headquarters in The Hague. The intention of the meeting was to think about the future look and feel of IFLA’s online...
News - 6 March 2010
- Networking for Digital Preservation: Current Practice in 15 National Libraries
Libraries all over the world have to deal with fast growing numbers of digital materials that need to be safeguarded. Publications in digital form, online or on CD, digitised images, and...
Publication - 16 June 2009
- New Professionals Special Interest Group
IFLA’s New Professionals Special Interest Group (NPSIG), founded in 2004, is an open global network for library and information science (LIS) new professionals and supporters...
IFLA Group or Activity - 31 March 2009