Content tagged Exceptions and limitations
Ordered by publication date from most to less recent.
(These results include any available translations of the original English documents.)
- What They Said at SCCR 39
The latest meeting of the World Intellectual Property Organization’s (WIPO) Standing Committee on Copyright and Related Rights (SCCR) saw further discussions about how to get the best laws...
Publication - 19 December 2019
- IFLA Briefing: Books in Blockchains
Blockchain, highlighted in the 2016 Trend Report Update as a key emerging issue for libraries, has also increasingly grabbed popular attention. The rising value of BitCoin has been at the heart of...
Publication - 7 January 2018
- Full report on 22nd Session of WIPO Standing Committee on Copyright and Related Rights in Geneva
Significant progress was made on exceptions and limitations for persons with print and other reading disabilities at the 22nd session of the WIPO Standing Committee on Copyright and Related Rights...
News - 1 July 2011
- IFLA-WIPO reception well attended
In conjunction with the WIPO-SCCR meeting in Geneva, IFLA co-hosted a reception with the World Intellectual Property Association (WIPO) on Tuesday 21st June 2011. Representatives from WIPO...
News - 24 June 2011
- IFLA welcomes proposed WIPO instrument to increase access to information for persons with reading disabilities
At the WIPO SCCR meeting in Geneva, Winston Tabb, Chair of IFLA's CLM Committee, made a statement on the proposed consensus instrument that has been produced during negotiations on copyright...
News - 22 June 2011
- Just Released: Draft Treaty on Copyright Exceptions and Limitations for Libraries and Archives
After wide consultation with librarians, representatives of Member States and other knowledgeable individuals, IFLA's working group has developed a "Treaty on Copyright Exceptions and...
News - 14 April 2011
- IFLA helps launch copyright for creativity declaration
français Copyright for Creativity launch video "In many countries, copyright law, through exceptions and limitations, has long supported the essential...
News - 6 May 2010