KM Section Annual Reports
After the WLIC 2017 in Wroclaw, the new officers took the lead of the Section for the term 2017-2019. From that time until August 2018 the KM Section worked intensively to accomplish and execute the programs it had planned for the WLIC 2018 in Kuala Lumpur:
- a satellite meeting at Xiamen University Campus Malaysia, under the topic: Is knowledge management the new library science?
- a joint open section with Session with Academic and Research Libraries Section and Rare Books & Special Collections under the topic: Digital scholarship and knowledge management and: building confidence in the digital world
- the Knowledge Café 2018: continuous learning for successful info pros in the knowledge economy with Continuing Professional Development and Workplace Learning (CPDWL) and Library and Research Services for Parliaments Sections
- an advocacy paper for knowledge management based on the UN SDGs.
The KM Section sponsored the SIG DH/DS (Digital Humanities/Digital Scholarship) which organized a session under the topic: The transforming digital scholarship model: from service provider to interdisciplinary partner.
The attendance to the sessions was very satisfactory because the conference rooms were full of delegates. Regarding the communication and the expansion of the voice of knowledge management, the Section published two newsletters and wrote its new Communication Plan 2018-2019. The Section has a significant presence in the social media (Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter) as proved by numbers.
For the WLIC 2019 the Section decided to organize a satellite meeting together with the SIG DH/DS, a joint open session with the IT Section and the Knowledge Café 2019 with CPDWL, Library and Research Services and Parliamentary Libraries sections as in previous years. The KM Section will work on the publication of a special issue on knowledge management for the IFLA Journal. The Section’s activities are written on the Action Plan 2018-2019 which was submitted to IFLA on November 8, 2018. Its Annual report 2017-2018 depicts the course of its activities.
- KM Annual Report 2018
- KM Annual Report 2017
- KM Annual Report 2016
- KM Annual Report 2015
- KM Annual Report 2014
- KM Annual Report 2011-2012 and 2012-2013
- KM Annual Report 2010
- KM Annual Report 2009
- KM Annual Report 2008
- KM Annual Report 2007
Last update: 25 November 2018