Subject Analysis and Access Section Action Plan
Action Plan 2018-2019
The Subject Analysis and Access Action plan 2018-2019 outlines the key objectives for our Section in the upcoming year.
A report on these activities will be made available in the 2018-2019 Annual Report, available following the 2019 IFLA World Congress.
If you have questions about our work, suggestions about what you would like us to work on, or you would like to help us, please contact one of the members of the Standing Committee.
Develop standards and guidelines that support subject access
- Compilation of resources relating to genre/form initiatives worldwide, making them publicly available on the IFLA website
Explore the potential for improved subject access by scanning and evaluating the current landscape
- Establish a working group on the value of subject access
- Organize an open session at the 2019 WLIC in collaboration with the Art Section
Liaise with national libraries and professional organizations to promote the new developments that support subject analysis and access
- Continue collaboration with the Bibliography and Cataloguing Sections to support communication by producing the IFLA Metadata Newsletter.
- Collaborate with the Cataloguing and Information Technology Sections on a shared satellite meeting for the 2019 WLIC.
- 2009-2011 (concluded 2010)
- 2006-2007 | (Deutsch)
Last update: 26 June 2019