Newsletter of IFLA Section Libraries for Children and Young Adults - June 2015
IFLA's Section Libraries for Children and Young Adults has asked the library community to share their experiences on providing spaces, tools and activities for children's and young adults' MakerSpaces.
Here are some of the results from around the world.
Theme: MakerSpaces - more than just 3D printers
- MakerSpaces: new tradition in context
- Folkeverkstedet: Making a workshop for the people of Oslo, Norway
- MakerSpace provides library and literature discoveries and community engagement in Moree Community Library, Australia
- Tech and non-tech MakerSpace activities for teens in “Octavian Goga” Cluj County Library, Romania
- 3D printing and media tools: reviews on MakerSpaces around the world
- The Sister Libraries Programme presented in conferences: Brno, Czech Republic and Seinäjoki, Finland
- Second, enlarged edition of The World thgouh Picture Books catalogue available
- The World through Picture Books exhibition in Australia
- 15 to 20 year olds reading across the world: Why? Where? How? - Personal report of Section's Satellite meeting 2014 in Paris
- The Section's nominee PRAESA wins Astrid Lingren Memorial Award
- Section's midyear meeting in Romania 2015, personal impressions of a Standing Committee member
Last update: 7 July 2021