Section on Education and Training Satellite meeting in Singapore
Global collaboration in information schools
15 August 2013
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Information schools are essentially a concept and a movement that has emerged to shape and foster a multidisciplinary approach to the study of ‘Information’. These schools have taken different routes from different disciplinary origins, primarily Library and Information Science, Information and Computer Technology, Media and Communication, Archives and Recordkeeping, and Business Management.
This one day workshop is planned to foster exchange and collaboration among educators, researchers and practitioners who are involved in information schools of all types from different regions of the world. It will help participants to share information about faculty and student exchange and recruitment opportunities, experiences and lessons learnt.
The topics of papers include:
- Regional collaborative environments for the development of LIS school
- Regional environments for the development of LIS schools in the networked information society and globalization -More L or more I in research and education?
- Current and possible collaborative activities among schools to exchange students and faculty members
- Current and possible collaborative research and education
- Current and possible collaborative curriculum development
- Overcoming barriers to potential collaboration amongst LIS schools etc.
For complete information, see the conference website
Last update: 26 April 2013