24 January 2017
Call for Papers WLIC 2017 – Environment, Sustainability and Libraries Special Interest Group joint with Public Libraries Section
Theme: “More than Green – Sustainability of Practice – Public Libraries and the 2030 United Nations Agenda”
Proposals must be submitted by 28 February, 2017 and selected presenters will be notified by 28 March 2017.
The program committee is interested in projects relating the Sustainable Development Knowledge Platform, in particular those that contribute to:
- Environmental, social or economic sustainability
- Public libraries building sustainable societies
- Sustainable library projects or library programs.
Proposals should be sent to
Harri Sahavirta, Convenor, Environment, Sustainability and Libraries Special Interest Group
Proposals must include:
- Title of the presentation
- Abstract of no more than 400 words
- Author(s) name, professional affiliation, postal address, email address
- A brief biographical statement of no more than 150 words.
- All proposals, papers and presentations will be required to be in English.
- The planning team reserves the right to ask applicants to make small adjustments to the shape of their papers to support the needs of the program.
Requirements for speakers:
- Final papers should be a maximum of 3000 words in length
- Papers should be original submissions (not published elsewhere)
- Papers must be submitted as formal papers for inclusion on the IFLA conference website by 20 May 2017
- Papers should be submitted with a one-page abstract in English, although the final papers may be written in any of IFLA’s official languages
- All papers that are presented at the WLIC 2017 will be made available online via the IFLA Library under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license
- Authors of accepted papers must complete the IFLA Authors’ Permission Form
- At least one of the paper’s authors must be present to deliver a summary of the paper during the program in Wroclaw, Poland. Abstracts should only be submitted with the understanding that the expenses of attending the conference will be the responsibility of the author(s)/presenter(s) of accepted papers.
Deadline for submission of abstract : 28 February 2017
Notification of acceptance/rejection : 28 March 2017
Deadline for submission of full paper : 20 May 2017
More information about IFLA WLIC 2017: http://2017.ifla.org/
All expenses, including registration for the conference, travel, accommodation etc., are the responsibility of the authors/presenters. No financial support can be provided by IFLA, but a special invitation letter can be issued to authors.