7 March 2016
Notice of IFLA 2016 General Assembly and Call for Agenda Items
The IFLA 2016 General Assembly will be held during the IFLA World Library and Information Congress 2016, 82nd IFLA General Conference and Assembly, in the Greater Columbus Convention Centre, on Wednesday 17 and Thursday 18 August 2016.
IFLA Members may propose items for inclusion in the agenda (Statutes, Art. 9.5). These must reach the IFLA Secretariat by 18 May 2016. Please send proposals by email to email@example.com or by fax +31 70 3834827.
The draft Agenda is provided below. The Convening Notice for the Assembly will be forwarded to Members in June 2016.
Wednesday, 17 August 2016, 16.15–18.00
- Opening by the President, Donna Scheeder
- Appointment of Tellers
- Establishment of a Quorum
- Adoption of the Agenda
- Minutes of the previous meeting, held in Cape Town, South Africa 19–20 August 2015
- In memoriam of those members who have died during the past year
- Presentation of the Report of the President
- Presentation of the Report of the Secretary General
- Presentation of the Annual Accounts by the Treasurer
Motions and Resolutions
10.1 Motion to approve the holding of the next General Assembly in August 2017
(Art 8.2 of the Statutes refers)
- Motion to adjourn and reconvene at 16.15 on Thursday, 18 August 2016
Thursday, 18 August 2016, 16.15–17.30
- Address by the President Donna Scheeder
- Presentation of Awards
- Announcement of WLIC 2018 location
- Vote of thanks WLIC 2016
- Invitation to WLIC 2017 in Wrocław, Poland
- Close of the Assembly
For details on the conduct of the General Assembly, please refer to the IFLA Statutes.