6 November 2012
IGF Baku - Capacity building Initiatives for better economic and social inclusion of vulnerable people in the Information society (7th November, Workshop 168)
The workshop is the continuation of the Vilnius (WS 109) and Nairobi (WS 126) discussions on the use of ICTs by vulnerable people. The propose of this workshop is to have a discussion on the need for Capacity building Initiatives at different levels in order to enhance the process of involvement of vulnerable people (using the notion of vulnerable people as defined by the Tunis Agenda and Geneva Declaration of Principles) in the Information society.
The workshop includes:
- Mr Zahid U. Jamil- Co-moderator, Barrister Esq., Director, Developing Country Center for Cybercrime & Law - Jamil & Jamil Barristers-at-law
- Ms Yuliya Morenets- Co-moderator, TaC-Together against Cybercrime
- Mr Wolf Ludwig- Euralo/ICANN
- Mr Khaled Fattal- Multilingual Internet Group
- Ms Danielle de Groot Msc- Council of Chiefs of Police, Netherlands
- Ms Lara Pace-COMNET Mr Pavan Duggal- President, Cyberlaws.net, The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India
- Ms Barbara-Chiara Ubaldi- OECD
- Mr Stuart Hamilton- IFLA-International federation of Library Associations and Institutions
- European Youth IGF Representative Mr Florian Lopez, Law Faculty Student
The workshop will take place on the 7th November at 11am (Baku time). Further information can be found on the workshop website.