Content tagged Digital inclusion
Ordered by publication date from most to less recent.
(These results include any available translations of the original English documents.)
- Placing Libraries at the Heart of Connectivity Strategies
IFLA has submitted comments on two sets of plans to boost internet access in Africa, underlining the importance of including libraries. By doing this, governments not only support affordable...
News - 4 June 2019
- Get Connected: Public Access Policy Toolkit
Connecting libraries offers a great way of bringing more people online, and providing a space where they can develop the skills and confidence necessary to get the most out of the Internet. The...
News - 11 April 2019
Tags: Access to information, Digital inclusion, Dynamic Coalition on Public Access in Libraries, Internet access, Public Access, FAIFE (Committee on Freedom of Access to Information and Freedom of Expression)
- World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) Forum 2011 Report
IFLA, along with Electronic Information for Libraries (eIFL) and UNESCO, held an Interactive Facilitation Meeting on Open Access in Geneva, Switzerland on May 19th, as part of the World Summit on...
Publication - 12 January 2019
- Satellite meeting on “Inclusive Library Services for Children and Young Adults” in Singapore
They held the meeting on August 23rd 2018, one day before the World Library and Information Congress (WLIC) opened in Kuala Lumpur. There was a good variety of topics, ranging from establishing...
News - 1 October 2018
Tags: Access to information, Children, Development, Digital inclusion, Disadvantaged people, IFLA Satellite meeting, IFLA WLIC 2018, Services to people with disabilities, Singapore, Young adults, Libraries for Children and Young Adults
- Asia-Pacific Internet Governance Forum 2018
The Asia-Pacific regional Internet Governance Forum (APrIGF) is a key opportunity for stakeholders across Asia-Pacific to debate and look for consensus on issues around how the Internet works....
Event - 2 August 2018
Tags: Access to information, Asia and Oceania, Conference, Digital divide, Digital inclusion, Internet access, Internet governance, FAIFE (Committee on Freedom of Access to Information and Freedom of Expression)
- Latin America and Caribbean Internet Governance Forum
The Latin America and Caribbean regional preparatory meeting for the Internet Governance Forum (LACIGF) is the opportunity for voices across the continent to come together to discuss how the...
Event - 2 August 2018
Tags: Access to information, Conference, Digital inclusion, Internet access, Internet governance, Latin America and the Caribbean, FAIFE (Committee on Freedom of Access to Information and Freedom of Expression)
- Getting to Grips with Information in a Digital Age: IFLA Joins Reflections at UNESCO Conference
The first UNESCO-IFAP conference on ‘Tangible and Intangible Impacts of Information and Communications in the Digital Age’ on 3-8 June 2018 brought together representatives of...
News - 13 June 2018
Tags: Access to information, Digital inclusion, Information literacy, Media and Information Literacy, Russian Federation, UNESCO, FAIFE (Committee on Freedom of Access to Information and Freedom of Expression)
- Internet Governance Forum 2017
IFLA will be attending this year's global Internet Governance Forum in Geneva, Switzerland, highlighting the role of libraries not only in giving people access to the Internet, but also in...
Event - 7 December 2017
- IGF Baku - Workshop 189 outcomes 'Open Government Data for citizens, by citizens, about citizens?'
Open Institute Kenya, Open Rights Group, Affilias, the UK Taxpayers Alliance and IFLA addressed the issue of “Big Data” and how the increasing trend of governments around the world...
News - 29 November 2012
- IGF Baku - Workshop 146 outcomes 'Intellectual property rights and the freedom to share'
IFLA’s final workshop at the IGF 2012 took place on the morning of Thursday 8th November in Baku. The IFLA Director of Policy and Advocacy participated in a panel on intellectual property...
News - 12 November 2012
- IGF Baku - Workshop 168 outcomes 'Capacity building Initiatives'
At an IGF workshop on Wednesday 7th November IFLA and other library representatives made the case for libraries as key actors to help vulnerable and marginalised people play a key role in...
News - 8 November 2012
- IGF Baku - Workshop 130 outcomes 'Digital Inclusion and Public Access to the Internet'
At IGF 2012 Baku, Workshop 130 IFLA, EIFL and ISOC’s workshop on public libraries and digital inclusion kicked off the first afternoon of the 2012 Internet...
News - 7 November 2012
- IGF Baku - Intellectual property rights and the freedom to share: are the two compatible? (8th November, Workshop 146)
This workshop will focus on the tensions between intellectual property rights and the freedom to share. It will interrogate such questions as: Is the classical conceptualization of copyright...
News - 7 November 2012
- IGF Baku - Capacity building Initiatives for better economic and social inclusion of vulnerable people in the Information society (7th November, Workshop 168)
The workshop is the continuation of the Vilnius (WS 109) and Nairobi (WS 126) discussions on the use of ICTs by vulnerable people. The propose of this workshop is to have...
News - 6 November 2012
- IGF Baku - Digital Inclusion and Public Access to the Internet (6th November 2012, Workshop 130)
IFLA, together with Electronic Information for Libraries (EIFL) and the Internet Society (ISOC) will hold a workshop during this year's Internet Governance Forum (IGF) in Baku,...
News - 5 November 2012
- Seventh Meeting of the Internet Governance Forum (IGF)
The seventh meeting of the Internet Governance Forum (IGF) will take place from 6-9 November in Baku, Azerbaijan. The IGF is a UN-sponsored event to discuss the main public policy issues...
Event - 31 October 2012
- IFLA at the Internet Governance Forum in Baku, 6-9 November 2012
watch the live webcast! ‘Internet Governance for Sustainable Human, Economic and Social Development’ The seventh meeting of the Internet Governance...
News - 31 October 2012