Evidence for Global and Disaster Health SIG Action Plan 2020-2021
Our Action Plan outlines the key objectives for the E4GDH Special Interest Group in the upcoming year. Take a look at our news feed to read updates on our progress.
A report on these activities will be made available in our 2020 - 2021 Annual Report, available in the last quarter of 2021.
If you have questions about our work, suggestions about what you would like us to work on, or you would like to help us, please contact the E4GDH convenor Anne Brice: firstname.lastname@example.org
Project/Activity outcomes are linked to relevant webpages. Last update: December 2020
Focus Area 1: Extend the roles and impact of librarians working in global and disaster health
This includes supporting the delivery of the UN Sendai Framework on Disaster Risk Reduction.
- Develop and pilot a multi-lingual advocacy toolkit for use by librarians and key stakeholders.
- Plan and deliver three webinars to extend opportunities for sharing best practice.
- Work with partners within a ‘Partners for Health Information’ community of practice and network, to develop Skills and Competencies Guidelines for Librarians working in Disaster Risk Reduction and Management.
Focus Area 2: Establish and further develop E4GDH SIG and Support Network and share best practice.
Strengthen our core Working Group to widen global representation and diversity, as well as increasing the number of task-related active members.
- our Terms of Reference / Roles and Responsibilities document was updated in October 2020.
- Continue to identify existing knowledge and library services in global and disaster health, including humanitarian aid.
Develop and deliver E4GHD Virtual Session at WLIC 2021.
- details will be added to our webpages
Produce high-quality resources and publications to promote evidence-based practice, provide better value, and reduce duplication.
- this includes promoting our chapter on Finding the Evidence in WHO “Guidance on research methods for health emergency and disaster risk” book
- Strengthen our core Working Group to widen global representation and diversity, as well as increasing the number of task-related active members.
The full version of the Evidence for Global and Disaster Health SIG Action Plan 2020-2021 provides more detail.
This is complimented by our 2019 - 2020 Marketing and Communications Plan.
Letzte Aktualisierung: 11 Dezember 2020