11 November 2020
Convening Notice for IFLA Extraordinary General Assembly in Melbourne, Australia
On behalf of the IFLA Governing Board, I have the pleasure to invite you to an extraordinary IFLA General Assembly, to be held on 12 February 2021 in Melbourne, Australia. This meeting will have just one main agenda point, but it is an important one – a vote on IFLA’s new Statutes.
This is a key milestone in our Governance Review, which aims to make IFLA a more inclusive, effective and transparency organisation, and in doing so, give us the structures and tools to deliver on the ambition of our Strategy. Now, as throughout the process, your voice and your input is vital.
It is clear that it may be difficult or impossible for you to attend in person. However, building on the great experience of our General Assembly, we are looking forward to using all practical and legal possibilities to maximise participation.
Find out about the different options in the Convening Notice, alongside other essential information for planning your participation linked below.
The Convening Notice for the Assembly was forwarded to Members on 11 November 2020.
Friday 12 February 2021, 08:00 AEDT / UTC +11
- Opening by the Chair of the General Assembly
- Appointment of Tellers, if applicable
- Establishment of a quorum
- Adoption of the agenda
- Minutes of the previous General Assembly, held in The Hague (the Netherlands) on 5 November 2020
- Address by the President
Amendment of the IFLA Statutes
a) to amend the IFLA Statutes in accordance with the draft deed dated 9 November 2020, drawn up by Pels Rijcken & Droogleever Fortuijn N.V. in The Hague (the Netherlands). (The Dutch draft IFLA Statutes are at Annex 2; the unofficial English translation draft IFLA Statutes at Annex 3), and
b) to authorize each member of IFLA's Governing Board, as well as each civil-law notary, assigned civil-law notary, deputy civil-law notary and notarial assistant employed by the aforementioned Pels Rijcken & Droogleever Fortuijn N.V. each individually to execute the deed of amendment of the IFLA Statutes in accordance with the aforementioned draft of this deed.
Please note: it is not possible to make amendments to the draft of the IFLA Statutes of IFLA. Only non-substantive textual changes can be proposed and adopted.
- Close of the General Assembly
- Proxy form for the General Assembly, held in February 2021
- Dutch draft IFLA Statutes
- Dutch draft IFLA Statutes with comparison to the current IFLA Statutes
- Unofficial English translation draft IFLA Statutes
- Unofficial English translation draft IFLA Statutes with comparison to the current IFLA Statutes
- Explanatory notes to draft IFLA Statutes
The Hague, Netherlands
11 November 2020